An old chapter closes; a new horizon beckons

Where does one start when trying to recap the events of the previous month? Let's just kick off with the more positive events.

I've left Next Event / Next Marketing Communications Group as of last week. It was kind of a melancholic decision; I was really happy because I felt that work there was just too demanding. I put in an average of 15 hours a day for half a year, taking only 4 Sundays and 2 Saturdays off and a further 2 days on medical leave. Sometimes I work from 9am to 9pm. Those were the better days. Usually I work from 9.30am until anywhere from midnight to 3am.

So yes, I was erally happy to leave that sort of environment. It was no longer work life, it had become a way of life.

Sad... well I'll have to admit I'll miss the people I'm leaving behind, as well as all the fun traveling around Malaysia and Singapore and meeting new people all the time.

Attendees of my farewell dinner at The Olive, Plaza Damas, comprising of current and previous employees of Next Event Sdn Bhd. (Clockwise from lower left: Puya, Zal, Louise, Jenny, Jasrene, Mindy but you can't see her for some reason, Stella, Glenda, Wern Yi and Ee Von)

Anyways, we gathered some of Next Event's current and previous employees for a farewell dinner for me. We went to The Olive, an Italian restaurant in Plaza Damas. I got there late as usual, but on my own defence, I was already working on a freelance project the day after I left Next and was actually quite exhausted.


Friends and Colleagues. I'm the head that sticks out in the center.

0 rambling visitors: