...Of Bling Blings, Faithless Friends and Future Steps

Of Bling Blings



I bought myself a chain. At this juncture most people would probably go "Jerral with a chain?!" so I shall state that again. I bought myself a chain. For some reason almost everyone I meet looks at it and go "Ooh! Thundercats!" which prompts me to give them my stare of disconcertment.

So yes, I bought a Final Fantasy VIII Sleeping Lionheart chain. I'm currently exploring ways to shorten the chain a little on Zal's suggestion.


Faithless Friends


I'd like to send a word out to Yin Ee who insisted that I forgot her birthday. I called her out for dinner a couple of days before her birthday becuase I was going to be busy on her actual birthday. I had gone present hunting (which is never an easy thing for guys to do) some time before that, and just needed to nail an appointment with her to meet up.

We ended up in William's in Taman Mayang with Eric, a colleague and friend of mine. After the initial introductions, Yin Ee cheekily accuses me of not remembering 'something' to which I played along and went "Didn't remember what?"

A lot of ribbing followed from her and after a while I told her "Eh actually I remembered lah, I've even gotten a present already" where she instantaneously quiped back "Yeah right! You're gonna walk across the street now buy me a lighter or something right?"

"No lah, he actually told me that he wanted to meet you tonight because he may not be able to see you the next couple of days" says Eric in my defences (by the way, he pretty much quoted me word for word).

"Wah... do you guys often cover for each other like that?" came Yin Ee's response

She remained pretty convinced that I had forgotten her birthday, partly because of my superb acting when I played along, and more largely so because I *do* have a habit of forgetting things.



Only at the end of the night when I brought her present out from the car was she convinced that I did remember. Even whilst I was walking to the car she playfully called out "You're not gonna give me a lighter or something and said that you bought it right?"

I got her a bottle of Givenchy 'Very Irrisitible' because I thought that aptly described her. Kinda corny, I know, but I hope she likes it anyhow :)

Hmmph! Faithless Friend! :P


... and of Future Steps


I've been exploring several opportunities following my departure for Next Event Sdn Bhd, within the industry, within a similar marketing line and going towards corporate marketing. I've ruled out staying in the industry for the moment because there's just too many reasons why I wanted to leave in the first place. Thinking of taking the corporate route because opportunities like this don't come very often. But then again, I've not decided on anything at this point, though I'd have to within the next couple of days.

* * * * * *


Song of the Day: "Blue Fields" composed by Nobuo Uematsu and Orchestrated by Shiro Hamaguchi


Book Recommendation: "Koko" by Peter Straub
ISBN: 0451162145

3 rambling visitors:

  Anonymous

1:21 PM, September 09, 2005

In my defense.... heheheh...there's not much of a defense really. You're such a sweetheart J.. and I may be faithless but definitely not ungrateful *grin*

yinzz

Ps: apparently your lurvely present started a maelstrom.. more details on our next catch up sessh.. good to see ur back in the performing circuit...you've lived too long without your dave matthews

  Jerral

8:01 PM, September 09, 2005

Dave Matthews is inside me man! No wait, that sounded extremely gay :/ Hahaha well, we'll catch up soon and you can tell me what kinda ruckus I stirred this time :P

AND...

How grateful are you? ;)

  Anonymous

12:05 PM, September 12, 2005

grateful enuff to spare you from other ppl's narcissistic nonsense...

((hugs))

yinzz