Group Sense y'all...

Whoah... 6 miles to the next loo!


I bought a new phone. Well it's actually second hand, but being overworked and underpaid meant that I have a limited budget to play with. I was actually looking out for those Samsung phones that go for about 500 - 600 Ringgit, but realized that their PDA functions were kinda hard to use without a stylus. After extensive searches around, I concluded that PDA phones were just too darn expensive! Cheapest ones were going for about RM1,200, which was a far cry from what I've set aside.

One day I came across a pretty nifty looking second hand PDA Phone that was not bulky and does not come with a price hiking x.xx megapixel camera that I will end up not using since I'd trust my digital camera for that.

Not only have I not seen this phone or brand in the market (warning no. 1, Jerral!), I've also not heard of it before (warning no. 2, Jerral!). But it was being listed at slightly above 700. I tried to talk the fella down, asking for RM500, expecting a 'pasar malam' scenarioto ensue, and without batting an eyelid, he dropped the price to RM600! (warning no. 3, Jerral! DO NOT BUY THE PHONE!). Elated that I could get a PDA phone for only 600 (I tested it there for about an hour, with the salesman giving me a "please just take it and go" look whenever he thinks I can't see him). So after an hour, I decided that it was a little laggy.

All Palm powered PDAs have a hard reset option, so I thought ok... let's get it back to factory settings and clear whatever nonsense that was done to it by the previous owner. Hard Reset and *POOF!* ... everything was in Chinese! I can't read Chinese, neither could the person who was selling it to me. Apparently GSPDA is a brand from Hong Kong, and original settings are in Chinese because this particular set somehow made its way here from the Hong Kong market. Anyways, that's when I found out that this phone has a back up function, and someone managed to find and ran the 'restore' command. Sad to say, I stupidly transfered all my phone numbers into the phone before doing the hard reset, and after restoring to the back up point, I the previous owner's phone book instead. :/

The phone has a small 0.3 megapixel camera so I was hoping to find some 'interesting'picture but alas, there were only a few pictures of the owner taking test shots of his dining table. How boring!

Anyway, here's a pic of the phone I got. It's a Group Sense PDA (GSPDA) G88 Xplore. Powered by Palm and comes with PalmOS 4.1.2 if I remember correctly.



GSPDA Xplore G188

Funny 'To Do' messages left inside by the previous owner:

"gi ambik duit dari xxxx!" - translates to "go take money from xxxx!" Hahahah I'm more likely to remember to go take cash from someone than to remember checking the phone, since it's just a note and not a reminder or alarm.

"hari ni makan ikan" - translates to "today eat fish" I was like 'wtf?!? a reminder to eat fish? Maybe that's a code word for some other nefarious deeds :) But still, are things like that necessary for a 'To Do' list?

Funny messages i should leave inside should if I were to sell the phone :
"buy more condoms. 12 pack. ASAP!" Hahahah should leave the next person laughing :)

Any ideas or suggestions for funny messages I could leave? Drop me a line! :)

* * * * * *

Crimson Room
Try to escape from the crimson room. took me about 10 minutes to get out. Ok so maybe I was a little blur and sleepy at that time :/


Song of the Day: Tempered Mental - Honestly
http://www.temperemental.com/

4 rambling visitors:

  Anonymous

1:35 PM, July 26, 2005

how bout "give yin ee a call for coffee before she erases me from her phone". *grin*

yinzz

  Anonymous

3:43 PM, July 26, 2005

lol. hari ni makan ikan? kahkahkah...so the new fon is working fine i hope?

  Jerral

5:33 PM, July 26, 2005

Ayunamirei : The new phone works well. But I think there's something wrong with DiGi. Either that or I should finally change my 16k sim card for the 64k one. Considering switching to Maxis, but don't know how Eugene (Mr. DiGi) will react :P

Yin Ee... you're always on my list of people to call, but you know lah my workaholic lifestyle... :P I promise I shall call you soon yeah? ;)

  Anonymous

10:28 AM, August 04, 2005

oh yeah. eugene the digi waiter. kahkahkah...