Troubagangers!

Ahh.... first gig in ages! I performed 2 songs with Zal on Merdeka Eve at La Bodega KL. It was pretty interesting, walking back into this scene (made possible by my decision to leave my previous company!) because I saw so many familiar faces but pretty much nobody recognized me anymore. I'll accredit that to the fact that I've lost some hair lenght, gained some weight and have become a little fairer than my usual self.

We opened with a cover of Shelley's Resident Fool, presented after we've added the Zal and Jerral brand of weird attacks and percussive touch to it, and a fairly new song by Zal simply titled Get a Job. We were meant to play a third song but the organizers said that they were a little behind time and thus we ended up with only time for 2 songs.

Other performers there that night would include Hanafi and Friends where they did a great cover of the Beatles' Come Together and Melina, who was on the djembe for this act, added her superb vocals to a song called .. err.. I don't remember what it was called. But it was good, and that was my point.

Shannon Shah was the featured act and was really great as well. His Inter Galactic Love Song is one that's not to be missed. Catchy lines hooks you in and his lyrics will make you tear with laughter.

Ok At this point a random reader would wonder "Where's the pictures?"

Well, I brought my trusty camera with me that night but since I suddenly realized it was just too hard to both perform and take my own picture, I entrusted the said camera to a friend of mine so that she could snap some pretty cool pictures of Zal and myself (she's pretty good with the camera).

Unfortunately she forgot to snap those pictures.

0 rambling visitors: