Error Code: 0x86000107


I was recently vexed to no end when I discovered that my HTC TYTN II (also known as the HTC Kaiser) refused to sync with either my laptop or home PC for over a week, popping up an error message each time I tried. At first I thought maybe something was wrong with the sync options, like perhaps one of the free applications and games I've been installing caused some hidden problem (check it out: tower-friggin'-defense on the go! What better way to waste precious daylight away?).

Countless hours of uninstalling and re-installing applications proved fruitless, while the multiple times I restarted Windows and resetting the Pocket PC just added to the wasted effort. Then I thought of something I should have done from the very beginning - each time Windows pops up an error alert, it also provides an error code if you click on 'Details' or 'More Info'. I, like countless other people who have pledged their dependence on Microsoft, have gotten used to just clicking 'Close'.


Anyways, long story cut short, I Googled the error code (0x86000107), crawled through forum after forum, and tried every suggested solution (download this, update that, tweaked some settings) to no avail. Finally I came across a completely non-technical suggestion and since I’d run out of options, I thought “Why the friggin’ hell not?”

1. I manually wrote down all the contacts and appointments I made since my last successful sync.

2. I deleted the partnership between the Pocket PC and my laptop’s Sync Center (ActiveSync, if you’re on XP), and disconnected the cable.

3. I reconnected that same cable and re-established the partnership.


It worked.

The most brain dead solution possible and it worked. Best of all, it took less than ten minutes.

It turns out that Windows Mobile 6.1 has issues syncing up with more than one computer, and though a fix has been purportedly sent out by Microsoft to their mobile partners, HTC has nothing available for its customers yet.

** solution credit: windowsmobiletraining dot com **

0 rambling visitors: