... Pocket PC / WM5 - remove unwanted icons

I got very annoyed a couple of days ago. I was testing out free applications on my Dopod 818Pro (which runs on Windows Mobile 5), and the whole idea of 'testing' is that you remove the softwares you don't like, or those that do not agree with your Pocket PC.

Everything was good, until I realized that not all applications come with proper uninstalling procedures, leaving my program folder with heaps of unlinked icons and short cuts. Trying to delete these directly from the program folder was quite futile (probably a fail safe, so that you don't accidentally remove a critical program). So how do you get rid of all the clutter? Just follow these three simple steps:

1. Get into file explorer.

2. Go to your root directory (usually "My Device"), then into 'Windows', then into 'Start Menu', and finally into 'Programs'.
(My Device --> Windows --> Start Menu --> Programs)

3. Select and delete the offending icon(s), and keep your program folder nice and tidy!

0 rambling visitors: