I am a Malaysian.

I'm sitting here with my throat feeling scratched out from all kinds of heaty food and a general lack of sleep since Christmas eve 2006. Air conditioner's not helping my throat, but the rest of my body would protest instead if I switched it off.

I'm sitting here with my heart feeling quite on the down side. You see, I've always been proud to call myself a Malaysian. The only thing I've consistently complained about Malaysia since I was a wee young lad was that it had mistakenly placed itself a little too close to the equator and making this place a perpetual steam oven. It also makes me wonder why saunas are quite popular here. Take a 1 minute sprinting session at any local field, sit down, and lo! Instant Sauna!

Many events have taken place and suddenly I question whether my pride in my country has been misplaced or merely shaken. Maybe I'm just ashamed of some of my fellow Malaysians and maybe I'm disappointed at the way the country's being run. And at other worldly events.

Or maybe it just sunk in that I didn't get many Christmas gifts.

Haha. Okay, weak attempt at humor. I shall decide whether to dwell more on these or to post my 2 months worth of photographs and the stories that come with them later on.

Happy New Year.

0 rambling visitors: